The Lost Apron has been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Katie at Snap-On Buttons. The Liebster Blog Award is an award you receive and an award that you give to bloggers with less than 200 followers. It was created to promote appreciation and recognition among the blog world. I was surprised that others are actually reading me. This nomination coincides with the 6 month anniversary of The Lost Apron. Liebster translates to "dearest" (or favorite/best) in German. It is also known as the Love Blog Award.
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
5. No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you)!
Eleven Random Things about Myself
1. I have been married over 26 years to my dream of a husband.
2. I started running when I only had one child at home. I felt like a twenty-something when I was in my forties running with my toddler in a jogger. I ran my last half-marathon at the age of 50.
3. I have seven siblings. Although we were a family of ten we never all lived together. My oldest sister was gone and married before my youngest sister was born.
4. I am a messy but I love organization and planning.
5. I am one of those people who actually have bought swim suits that come on a plastic form from Costco.
6. I prefer skirts to pants.
7. I enjoy crossword puzzles.
8. I love to sew. My sisters and I sewed as part of a family business when we were in our teens. One summer was all bridesmaid dresses.
9. I have taught summer sewing camp with my daughter teaching young girls to sew. I plan to write a book to teach your child to sew. (Please check back here later.)
10. I love when people make themselves at home in my house. Potlucks are my favorite and everyone is in the kitchen.
11. I love to wear my apron. I feel like I've come a long way from being a CPA. Read My Fight with the Apron.
Nominator Set Questions
1. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up? I always wanted to be a wife and mother.
2. What is the last thing you did to treat yourself? I recently went on a trip to Hawaii with my husband. This is our annual treat.
3. What nail polish are you wearing right now? None. I never wear polish. Even on my wedding day, I was already in my dress when I thought I should probably have some on. I quickly found some clear polish and put it on before the photos.
4. Do you have any pets? None.
5. What is the best meal you've ever had? Without a doubt, the best meal I have had was a pear ravioli dish at the Trattoria 4 Leoni (4 Lions) in Florence.
6. What book are you currently reading? I am currently reading Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs. It almost seems too simple but I think a lot of couples have just missed this simple concept, definitely worth the read.
7. Are you a morning person? Yes. I love being the first one up. Read Don't Let the Day Begin Without You.
8. How do you relax after a stressful day? Since my husband works so that I don't have to, my days are not very stressful. But after a hectic day, I enjoy sitting on the sofa next to my husband and watch TV.
9. Do you have any kids? Yes, I have 3 children. A daughter in high school, a son in college, and a daughter out of college working and living on her own.
10. What is your go-to outfit? I call it my uniform. It's a Brooks Brothers twill skirt with a women's tee shirt along with my Dr. Scholl's Shoes. Read Comfy Mom Shoes.
11. What's the best movie you've seen in the past year? I really had to think about this one. None of the movies I have seen this year in the theater have been noteworthy. Then I remembered watching The Notebook with my daughter. Although I had seen it before, I found myself relating to the older Noah and Allie at the end of their lives together. It made my appreciate my marriage. Read What Do Your Children Think of Your Marriage?
Questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite holiday tradition that your family does?
2. What is your favorite type of exercise?
3. Where are you longing to travel to?
4. What is your pet peeve?
5. Why did you decide to blog?
6. What is a special skill that you have?
7. What is your favorite pastime?
8. What is the one thing you do differently than your mom?
9. What is one of your time wasters?
10. What was your favorite comment on your blog about?
11. What have you made (created) that you are most proud of?
The Journey Back
Hems to DollsModernish Homemaker
2 Are Better Than 1
Happy, Healthy, & Domestic
Note to nominees: Please leave me a comment with your post so I can read up on you. Also link back to this post on your blog. (Please do not be offended if you have way more than 200 followers.)